Pages

Programming Languages - which one is your favorite?

Source: http://spectrum.ieee.org/static/interactive-the-top-programming-languages
Impressive where Python has reached in terms of popularity! And C still rocks!! yayy. #2 is not too bad at all.

Talking about favorites, mine is by far C. It is fast, efficient and great for embedded systems. I know, at the cost of OOP advantages.

What I like about Python is that it is not half as esoteric as Perl and yet claimed to be very extensible. I don't know as my use of Py so far has been limited, without really testing its capabilities. 

The indenting annoys me. Really? Indented programming in the 21st century?

The best part of Python if you ask me is that it uses C for optimized code in its libraries. So there you have it, a great marriage between raw performance and useability. Notwithstanding the fact that Py also lends OOPability. I may have just created a new word - OOPability.

Okay, I relent. The winner of this beauty contest is Python.